Monday, June 16, 2014

Taste of Healthy and a Race Victory

There are so many things to enjoy right now. . . especially health.  LORD, I APPRECIATE THIS TIME OF HEALTH-- it's more than we have seen in months.  Sebastian's doing ok, we aren't "sick", no colds, etc., although Nathan still struggles with his disease.  Overall, we are trucking along.  I am feeling the urge to get into shape for my brothers upcoming wedding.  :-) I have a few goals in mind that I would like to reach by next month!

 
We are also resuming our regular meal plan, and healthier choice foods.  The summer is approaching fast, the weather is warm, the garden is blooming, and we cant get better than fresh air and play.  We are also trying to avoid any illnesses!  This feels good for a change!  :)

I have so much to share, but not enough time at the moment to go through it all.

Kids have races and track and field meets coming up this week, (SUPER EXCITED MOM HERE!) and we have also resumed our homeschooling lessons from the books.  Kids not so enthused, but hey.  No pain no gain!   Here are some of the pics from the latest race we did.  The kids are doing great; Nathan just wishes he was healthier and physically able to complete at the level he used to, so he isn't doing too many rigorous activities yet.  Keep praying though! They are so appreciated!
Here are our pics-- it was a 5k.  They all beat me.  Even Mary beat me!

Genevieve, age 13

Mary, age 7 (Places first in her age group for 7-8 yr old girls -- Yeah!)

Camille, age 10

Thad, age 12
 

Nathan, Peter and Momma (after race- they cheered me on at the finish!)
 


And the Victor of the Day is . . . Mary!
 
 
 
Run Hard, Don't Quit! God counts on us! We chose whether we will be part of His Victory! So,. perhaps this post today is a good reminder for us to keep the Faith! I will be honest, when I was running, (and Mary mentioned this,  too) I kept thinking to myself. . . "Where is the finish?!" It was Mary's very first 5K, so she was thinking the same thing.  But, seriously, though, don't we usually feel the same way on a daily basis when we are out in the field of mothering? I often find myself just exhausted, and anticipate my husband to come through the door and save me.  Haha!  I think, "where is the "finish line" for the day? When is bedtime coming?  I will have to take my own advice.  It's tiring, for sure, but we will be rewarded on that day; and hopefully our husbands and kids will be, too.
 
Jesus, keep your Mother with us, and may she show us the way to a holy motherhood!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment