Thursday, May 15, 2014

Time to "Time-Out" and rethink our Mission as a MOM.

I was just going through some of my older posts, and this is one of my favorites, (this is just a small part of a post) because it is sooooo terribly--terribly-- important to have these questions on the frontal lobe of our brain, where maybe we can see our mission better.  Since my struggles lately with what God has been asking of me and my family, it has been easy to forget how to stay on track, and to stay 100% committed, at all costs.  If you ever have a time where you feel the same way, know that we all go through it.  We aren't judged by our failures, only that we try to revert back to the Path of Truth, which is Christ. I need a time-out myself; just to take a moment and re-invite Christ's Peace into my heart and family setting.  Remember: Within our homes, which have been given to us moms, is a "little church" itself. These questions are good "food" for thought, if I might add. . . :-)

  • Am I a "Sunday" Catholic/Sunday Christian? Or a "Weekly" Catholic/Christian?
  • Am I able to hold back when in the midst of something that upsets me?
  • Am I  a peacemaker?
  • Am I a lover of Life?  (And Uppercased for this reason : He is the Life, and the Life where it begins is also a chosen will from God).
  • Do I protect life?  (He said the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these-the children, and yes.  It includes the blob of cells He starts with)
  • Am  I completely surrendering ALL to Him?  thoughts?   time?   hurts?   happiness?  Children?  Husband?   family?   Actions?   money?
  • What about kindness?  AmI kind to all?  Or do we prejudge?   To we evaluate the situations of others whether they are in need or not?
  • Do we live out the Corporal Works of Mercy?  (Clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, etc)
  • Do you tell your family you love them each day?  And show it?
  • Are we a quiet believer, or do we speak the truth when God opens the opportunity?
  • How can I better Love in the World of turmoil, disaster, war, and economic tradgedies?
  • How do we respond to the gender-issue among people?
  • How well do we participate in our Government? (voting, etc, and with our morals in mind)
  • Do I only choose to practice only what makes sense and what I only understand?  Or am I a believer even when I dont understand things still?  Do I have Faith?
  • Do I care for the elderly in my community?
  • What do I do for the YOUTH?  Am I an example of Truth to them to learn from?
  • Do I act as I am part of The Body of Christ?
  • Do I forgive?
  • Am I a vessel that bears fruit?
  • Am I faithful to God's Laws?

My next post will be some creative ideas and ways to work on Corporal /Spiritual Works of Mercy within your individual families. It may take a while before I post.  I am going to be praying about it. If you have any ideas to share, PLEASE DO!!

With that, I want to leave you some "encouragings" from Him, the Words of the Word.



"Be still and know that I am God" ~Psalm 46:10

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."  ~John 14: 27

May God bless you, today and always, within His Holy Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment