Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year: Time for a Spiritual Makeover

"I try to take one day at a time,  but sometimes several days attack me at once."  
-Jennifer Unlimited-


         Okay, as a mom, who is soooooo insanely busy with my kids, I have time rarely to keep new posts available for reading on a regular basis.  But I try.  Haha.  I am glad to be sharing again. 

         Lately I have been struggling with an overwhelming amount of anxiety on whether what I have to say at all is at all helpful to someone else.   Has anyone felt called to share an aspect of Faith and wondered the same thing?  If so, then you can figure that is what I am going through.  I know we all go through times of testing and challenges.  Perhaps, I am doubting what the Lord has planned for me?  I had to take some time off form Blogging to find some answers to those kinds of questions. . . . 
*****
          I was talking to Father today about some of the struggles I have as a mom, personally.  Now, I will open up a bit, yes, but as you know, some things are to be kept between your confident, so that The Spirit can truly guide you into the revolution of change that He wills for you. 
         One of my struggles is that I have an image of what I want my kids to be like, how smart I want them to be, what I want them to do with their lives.  Any mom know what I am talking about?  I have found that AFTER the fact, getting upset, (when I see that they aren't cooperating with MY plans for them, of course),that  their Creator above all,should be the One I lead them to, and He have the final say in what HE wants for them.  I understand and know this AFTER THE FACT, but in the heat of it, I get so riled-up, and frustrated, and cause disruption in myself and for them of God's Peace.  They get overwhelmed b/c I expect too much from them, I am hard on them, and myself.  It seems like a cycle of never ending battles within myself to do God's Will, but especially, that of letting GO.  And just TRUSTING HIS Provision for them.  I can elaborate here. 
One thing that I push them in is their schooling.  I am admitting that I now realize I am over-expecting of them for their grade and age.  Let Go and Let God do it.  Check.  Got it.  Another thing is, I have a house that is so stinkin' small, and absolutely cannot wait to MOVE.  Every small mess, is a big mess, in that case.  There is never ending cleaning.  It's ridiculous.  I hate having to clean up on the hour.  Let go, and give it to God, right?  Ok.  Will TRY.  ( I am a crazy-cleaner.)   These are just some of the things I struggle with.  Not to mention. . . What about the fairly-tale amount of time and quality of time spent with the kids?  Wasn't this supposed to be that way?
          Ever catch yourself being the potty mouth in a certain situation or time?  Or just saying things you wish you didn't?  ( I feel a little exposed, here). . . . And then wondering why or where or how anything other than anything praiseworthy came from your mouth?
        I realized that WITH THIS NEW YEAR, I have to remember that I am a new creation in Christ.  If he chose me, then I can, with HIM, change the bad habits of myself. 
        Father said today at Mass, ( and I paraphrase), to take a challenge of becoming the biggest WINNER for God, to have a SPIRITUAL MAKEOVER.  I have to remind myself, that with God, all things are possible.  Of you could find one thing that you know is crippling your spirit, (a sinful habit), no matter what it be, and bring it to the Table, let go, and give it to GOD, could you grasp, possibly, seeing the NEW YOU He can bring forth?  The part that is hard, is knowing that it can be a hard journey of transformation.   Father said try to read the Gospels, and choose once a month, a teaching of Christ, (from any of the Gospels), and REALLY try to pray on it, to implement it into your life.  Changes start small.  I have to at time remember that.  When you have 100 pounds of weight to loose, you can't do the long jump until you have shed a little at a time.  I think it goes well for the aspect of sin in our lives.  We can't expect our transformation to be overnight.  Even though we sometimes REALLY want it that way.  But if you feel the same way, rejoice in the fact that God has revealed your crippling nature of sin to you, so that you can take those steps to healing, and resolving the issues you have there. 
        I really want to drop this baggage of yuck (sin) off for good.  It holds me back.  It makes me numb to the work I am called to do.  Father also mentioned that Praying to St. Joseph ( I was surprised to hear of asking him for help, I guess b/c he was a father, and I am a mom-what relationship could be so different? Or is it?), because he may have felt the same way.  He had to trust in God, to get up and go to Bethlehem, and up again to Egypt, and always do what God said, probably never truly understanding where he was going to end up, or WHY it had to be the way it was.  After thinking about it, I realized that if that is so, then I have more in common with St. Joseph than I thought.  Being that he is in the presence of God already, asking him to pray for me, is actually a good idea. 
        My prayer for the New Year, is that I WILL conquer ONE serious habit of mine, in His Name.  To be freed from a sin of habit that keeps me from experiencing a deeper love and joy and peace of God.  I have the same prayer for you.  Just think of the effect it could have on our families, too. 
        A spiritual makeover.  A true spiritual makeover.  That is exactly what the Dr. ordered.  And I am looking forward to the new, improved, better-bill-of-spiritual health that CAN come forth In Jesus' Name.  I offer every mom up to you Lord.  To fashion, convert, and mold in to an image that can reflect your love to our families as well as your own mother did in The Little Holy Family.  Amen. 

Christs' Peace, Love,and Joy to you and yours. 

Margaret
<JMJ>

No comments:

Post a Comment