Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Going on a Date with GOD

So, When was the last time anyone went on a date?  With God? 

I have realized today that I havent spent much "alone" time with Him, without the kids and or hubby around. (Our prayers are usually said together.)  Today I had the wonderful opportunity to leave my kids with a friend (a playdate my kids much deserved), and my sister-in-law, who is the best ever.  So, naturally, I made "the call" to go out with God.  :) 

Things this morning, started off rather. . .  NOT normal.  I have been so off-schedule lately.  I'm talking, as a homeschooling mom, who has been booki-ing all month long, sleeping in until 11am, and eating breakfast for lunch kinda thing.  *sigh*  SO, I was waking up and getting out of bed thanks to  friend who called me this morning.   God was calling me out through her.  :)  My house was a MESS.  Who can function let alone SCHOOL in a messy house?  I was running out of time, and had to choose.  Date with G, or clean house, and postpone Date with G?  Hmm. . . .  I praise the Holy Spirit for prompting me to choose My date with God over a serious OCD opportunity,ha.  Upon leaving my house a mess, and letting the dog inside, I knew I had a disaster coming on later.  hmm.  Oh well, I cannot be late! 

But I made it just a few minutes late to prayer time, aka my date with God.  MUCH needed by the way.  My spirit was dehydrated, and needed a flood of grace and joy.  What a feeling!  Anyone?  Amazing what ONE hour of time with God can do.  REFRESHING.  The best part was getting to talk to my sister in law about what has been on my heart lately, afterwards.  It's like a confirmation, where I can hear God telling me I did the right thing today.  To stop the "everyday" and take a "time-out"  to recuperate in order to go on again. 

Another note:  I was able to go to the Anawim House of Prayer.  SUCH a wonderful, quiet place to pray, and pray in fellowship.  The readings spoke to me, at such a time of need, nonetheless, and I was filled with joy.  What a relief, and liberation.  You know how the bondage feeling feels, right?  UCK.  Yes.  For that to melt away, it is ever so refreshing.  I had many a revelations between last night and today, and thank the Holy Spirit for that.  


I have had quite a few things on my heart lately, as I said, and I have been very . . . . . what's the word? Tempted?  Persuaded?  Anyhow, I feel like someONE is trying to throw me off course.  I was advised today to pray even more.  What a responsibility to my very own family.  What more do I need to give up  to get to the next step along this path to Holy Motherhood, Lord?  I pray that the Lord allow me to be stripped of all iniquities and weaknesses so I that I may become stronger in Him, and be able to do His Will.  

I remember last week, in my Penance class/Sunday school I was telling the kids how to visualize their ability to serve in God's Army under two different circumstances. 
ONE:  a lackadaisical approach, being the "Sunday Christian", not participating in much more than "going through the motions", and not praying much.  This was the soldier who would turn out to be weak, and not able to hear or understand the orders from the Commander in Chief, Christ, on the Battlefield.  Not much armour, either, since our armour is relative to the prayers we pray, and the sacrifices/deeds we make in His Name. 

I then asked them, " What do you suppose would happen to this Soldier?"
"He wouldnt be very good." 
"He would be weak, He would probably get killed, or captured"
"Yes, He would either get trapped by the snares of the devil, become "lost" eventually, and have a hard time finding the right path." 

The kids decided that they didnt want that to be this kind of soldier. 

TWO:  A very zealous soldier, who was eager to learn the ways of the Commander, and know in-and-out His Approach to winning the battle.  To Glory.  This is the STRONG soldier, with much armour, and good hearing of what the Lord says.  He has discernment, and ability to choose rightly, because he has all the tools needed, and knows the plan of action, because he can hear the Lord when He speaks.  He practices, falls, gets up and tries, tries again, and does so until he conquers that what makes him weak, he becomes strong. He prays daily, goes to church out of a desire to learn, and exercises his will in a way that complies with God's.  He knows the Way.  He follows it. 

"What do you suppose this soldier will be like?"
"Very good.  Strong.  Able to stay strong in his faith.  He wont get lost, he will know the Way"
"Yes!  He will be a good soldier for God's Army, he will be CLOSE to God, maybe on the front lines, eventually.  Do you think God could use more soldiers like that?"

Of course, they wanted to be like this soldier.  So do I.  And so do you, I am certain. 
We need to surround ourselves with HIM, especially when we are in NEED.  If we wait to long, or postpone the "Date with GOD", it may be too late, before we become found off the beaten path, and tempted or persuaded by the one who doesn't care.  (Although, in actuality, we all sometimes find ourselves a little "lost", but I thank Him that we can hear his faint but present voice to lead us back to Him.)  Staying with God in His Grace is so important.  I am so glad that I, Myself, chose to be with Him today.  It brings healing.  It brings peace.  It brings an everlasting Joy, and a confidence, again, in All of God's Promises. 

May His Peace be with you, on your journey today, and put on YOUR Armour, so that together, we can raise the next generations of Soldiers for Him, in His Ever Holy Name.  <JMJ>

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Great message. This has really encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete